We will process your orders and ship them out as soon as possible. Delivery is not available on weekend.
Note: Receiver address changes are not allowed once orders confirmed.
Orders processing time frame:
1-3 business days
Promotion period / Holidays
3-5 business days
All parcels will be delivered by our logistics partners, shipping fee as below:
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-GREY)
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-GREEN)
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-BLACK)
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-RED)
- Major cities: Delivered within 2-5 business days
- Minor cities (Langkawai, Pangkor, Cameron/Genting Highland, etc.): Delivered within 2-7 business days.
- Delivery will be delayed during holidays.
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-GREY)
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-GREEN)
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-BLACK)
Mini FASCIAL GUN (MFG-168-RED)
- Delivered within 3-7 business days
- Delivery will be delayed during holidays.
GDEX Terms and Conditions of Carriage
When ordering GDEX's services, you as "Customer", are agreeing, on your behalf and on behalf of anyone else with an interest in the "Shipment", that the Terms and Conditions shall apply from the time that GDEX accepts the "Shipment" unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorized officer of GDEX. Every "Shipment" is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein. If "Customer" requires greater protection, then insurance may be arranged at an additional cost. (please see below for further information)
- "Shipment" means all documents and parcels that travel under one waybill and which may be carried by any means GDEX chooses including air, road or any other carrier.
- A "waybill" shall include any label produced by GDEX automated systems, air waybill, or consignment note and shall incorporate these Terms and Conditions.
- In this waybill, which is a non-negotiable Document, any reference to "GDEX" refers to GD Express Sdn Bhd (347624-X), its related corporations, its subsidiaries, branches, employees, directors, agents, affiliates, contractors and any of their respective employees and agents.
- "Customer" refers to the shipper, its employees, principals and/or agents and/or consignees and/or receivers.
- Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
2. Entire Agreement
- Customer, upon tender of any Shipment to GDEX for Carriage irrevocably agrees and accepts to the conditions herein on the Customer's behalf and on behalf of anyone else with an interest in the Shipment, regardless of whether the Customer signs the 'Acknowledged by Sender' column at the front of this waybill. GDEX shall not be bound by any warranty, condition, statement, representation, promise or agreement purporting to vary the conditions herein (whether to be expressed or implied by law, custom or otherwise) nor shall the same form a contract collateral to the conditions herein unless it is in writing and signed on behalf of GDEX by a duly appointed director of GD Express Sdn. Bhd.
- The Customer irrevocably warrants that the Customer is the actual, legal or proprietary owner of any Shipment that is tendered to GDEX for carriage. Customer irrevocably agrees and accepts the conditions herein not only for itself but also as agent for and on behalf of any person who may have interests in the Shipment and shall be deemed to have read and be bound by all the conditions in this waybill or in any other agreement entered into between GDEX and the Customer covering the Shipment including the current GDEX Domestic and International Courier Rate Guide, copies of which are available upon request. In the event of any discrepancy between the documents, the following documents shall be read in the following order of priority: (i) Service Agreement (ii) GDEX Terms and Conditions of Carriage (iii) GDEX Domestic and International Courier Rate Guide.
- GDEX shall reserve its right to refuse carriage of any Shipment or class of Shipment at its absolute discretion.
- GDEX shall carry the Customer's Shipment by any means, route, procedure, form of handling, form of storage, transportation method, carrier or successive carrier as it deems fit at its sole discretion. GDEX shall be entitled to subcontract on any terms the whole or any part of the carriage, loading, unloading, storing, warehousing, handling and any and all duties whatsoever undertaken by GDEX in relation to the Shipment and the Customer irrevocably authorise GDEX to enter into such subcontract as agents on behalf of the Customer.
- GDEX or any Person authorised by GDEX shall be entitled, but under no obligation, to open and/or scan any Shipment at any time and to inspect the contents. If it appears at any time that the Shipment cannot safely or properly be carried, or carried further, either at all or without incurring any additional expense or taking measures in relation to the Shipment, GDEX may without notice to the Customer (but as his agent only) take any measures and/or incur any reasonable additional expense to carry or continue the Carriage thereof, and/or to sell or dispose of the Shipment and/or to abandon the Carriage and/or to store the Shipment, under cover or in the open, at any place, whichever the Carrier in his absolute discretion considers most appropriate, which sale, disposal, abandonment or storage shall be deemed to constitute due delivery under this waybill. The Customer shall indemnify GDEX against any reasonable additional expense so incurred. GDEX in exercising the liberties contained in this clause shall not be under any obligation to take any particular measures and shall not be liable for any loss, delay or damage howsoever arising from any action or lack of action under this clause.
- GDEX does not warrant that any Shipment tendered by the Customer of its capability of carriage to designated destination without infringing the law of any country or state from, to or through the Shipment may be carried.
- GDEX will endeavour to deliver the Shipment in accordance with the usual delivery schedule and is not obliged to deliver the Shipment within any time limit. GDEX shall not be liable for any damage or loss howsoever caused by delays in delivering the Shipment. GDEX's only responsibility under this waybill is to deliver the Shipment to the address stated in this waybill subject to the terms and conditions stated herein.
- GDEX may deliver a Shipment to the receiver named on this waybill or to any other person appearing to have authority to accept delivery of the Shipment on the customer's behalf (such as persons at the same address as the receiver). GDEX does not warrant that the Shipment will be handled delicately and the Customer shall expect rough handling of the Shipment throughout the passage. The Customer shall produce adequate and legibly designated address for each Shipment to enable effective delivery to be made otherwise GDEX shall be entitled to deal or dispose of any such undelivered Shipment as GDEX deems fit. The Customer shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to governmental regulations and laws of any country to, from, through or over the Shipment may be carried.
- If at any time the Carriage is or is likely to be affected by any hindrance, risk, delay, difficulty or disadvantage of any kind (including the condition of the Shipment), whenever and howsoever arising (whether or not the Carriage has commenced) GDEX may without notice to the Customer abandon the Carriage of the Shipment and where reasonably possible place the Shipment or any part of them at the Customer's disposal at any place which GDEX may deem safe and convenient, whereupon delivery shall be deemed to have been made and the responsibility of GDEX in respect of such Shipment shall cease. In any event GDEX shall be entitled to full Charges on Shipment received for Carriage and the Customer shall pay any additional costs resulting from the above-mentioned circumstances.
- Any Service Fee quoted by GDEX includes local airport tax but shall exclude service tax, value added tax and any other applicable tax, duty and expenses as may be imposed by any local or foreign customs or similar authority in respect of the carriage of the Customer's Shipment. If the Customer gives different instructions on methods of payment, the Customer shall be primarily liable for any duty, tax (including pre-payment of the same), surcharge, fine, legal costs (on solicitor-and-client basis) or loss suffered by GDEX.
6. Customer's obligations
- The marking, labelling and packaging of any Shipment shall be the Customer's sole responsibility. The description and particulars of the Shipment set out on the face of this waybill are furnished by the Customer and the Customer warrants to GDEX that the description and particulars including, but not limited to, weight, content, measure, quantity, quality, condition, marks, numbers and value are correct.
- The Customer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and requirements (including but not limited to any imposed at any time before or during the Carriage relating to anti-terrorism measures) of customs, port and other authorities and shall bear and pay all duties, taxes, fines, imposts, expenses and losses (including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, charges for any additional Carriage undertaken) incurred or suffered by reason thereof or by reason of any illegal, incorrect or insufficient marking, numbering or addressing of the Shipment.
- The Customer undertakes that the Shipment is packed in a manner adequate to withstand the ordinary risks of Carriage having regard to their nature and in compliance with all laws, regulations and requirements which may be applicable.
- No Shipment which are or may become dangerous (whether or not so listed in codes), inflammable, damaging, injurious (including radioactive materials), noxious or which are or may become liable to damage any property or Person whatsoever shall be tendered to GDEX for Carriage without GDEX's express consent in writing and the Container and/or other covering in which the Shipment is to be transported and/or the Shipment itself being distinctly marked on the outside so as to indicate the nature and character of any such Shipment and so as to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and/or requirements.
- If any such Shipment are delivered to GDEX without such written consent and/or marking or if in the opinion of GDEX the Shipment are or are liable to become dangerous, inflammable and/or damaging in nature, the same may at any time be unloaded, destroyed, disposed of, abandoned, or rendered harmless without compensation to the Customer and without prejudice to GDEX's right to additional charges incurred by GDEX from the Customer.
- Whether or not the Customer was aware of the nature of the Shipment, the Customer shall indemnify the Carrier against all claims, losses, damages or expenses arising in consequence of the Carriage of such Shipment.
7. Customs clearance
- The Customer warrants that each article in any Shipment is accurately described in this waybill and the Customer shall attach the relevant documents to meet the export or air carriage requirements. The Customer appoints GDEX as Customer's agent solely for performance of custom clearance. The Customer shall provide proper documentation whenever required.
8. No liability and/or limited liability
- Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis on the terms stated herein. GDEX's liability is strictly limited to direct loss and damage only. If the customer requires greater protection, GDEX can arrange insurance for Customer covering the actual cash value in respect of loss of or physical damage to the Shipment, provided the Customer requests it via GDEX systems and pays the applicable premium. Shipment insurance does not cover indirect loss or damage, or loss or damage caused by delay.
- Where the Warsaw or CMR conventions or any national laws implementing or adopting these conventions apply or where other mandatory national law applies, the liability of GDEX is governed by and will be limited according to the applicable rules.
- Where convention, regulations, rules or other mandatory national laws do not apply to the carriage of the Shipment under this waybill, GDEX will only be liable if loss, damage, delay, shortage, mis-delivery, nondelivery, misinformation or failure to provide information in connection with the Customer's Shipment, is proven to be resulted from the acts or omissions of the management of GDEX committed with the intent to cause such loss or recklessly and with knowledge that such loss would probably result and GDEX's total liability under any circumstances whatsoever shall not exceed RM 200.00 per Shipment or the cost of replacement, whichever is lower, unless a higher value has been declared in which case the Shipment shall be insured by the customer and the customers' sole remedy shall be from the proceeds of the insurance policy.
- In the event the Shipment is insured by the customer, the customer shall name GDEX as the co-assured and shall waive all rights of subrogation under the insurance policy against GDEX. If the customer fails to procure such insurance policies naming GDEX as co-assured and/or waive all rights of subrogation under the insurance policy against GDEX, the customer shall indemnify, defend and hold GDEX harmless against all the consequences of having failed to comply with the provisions of this paragraph.
- GDEX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IN CONTRACT, TORT, EQUITY, NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF MARKET, LOSS OF PROFIT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOVER AND HOWSOEVER CAUSED WHETHER GDEX KNEW OR OUGHT TO HAVE KNOWN OF THE VALUE OF ANY SHIPMENT AND / OR SUCH LOSS AND/OR DAMAGE MIGHT OCCUR.
9. Situations where GDEX shall not be held liable
- GDEX shall not be liable for the Customer's failure to comply with the conditions herein or resulting from Customer's acts, negligence, default, misconduct or omission, including but not limited to inaccurate description of any Shipment; inadequate or inappropriate packaging, securing, marking or addressing of any Shipment; or for the act, default, negligence, misconduct, omission, violation of any conditions herein of the recipient or any one who has interests in the Shipment. GDEX shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, shortage, mis-delivery, non delivery, mis-information, or failure to provide information in connection with any Shipment of the following items:
- those which are stated under the heading of 'Items Not Acceptable for Carriage' including food and/or beverages ;
- required to be stored in a particular temperature or otherwise requiring other environmental control;
- fragile in nature.
- GDEX shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, shortage, mis-delivery, non delivery, misinformation or failure to provide information in connection with Customer's Shipment which is (a) beyond the reasonable control of the management of GDEX; (b) resulting from of Acts of God and (c) by the occurrence of a force majeure event including but not limited to 1) severe weather, 2) fire and flood ; (3) war, rebellion, sabotage, riot, terrorism; (4) strike or industrial dispute of whatsoever nature; (5) act or omission of local or overseas public authority and changes in applicable law; (6) disruption of air or ground network; (7) mechanical problems to modes of transportation / machinery or material shortage (i.e. fuel and electricity).
- GDEX shall not be liable for any losses and damages caused by any fraud, wilful acts, reckless acts, acts, omissions, gross negligence of any person (including its employees, servants, agents, affiliates, contractors, their agents and their respective employees / agents) and shall not be vicariously liable for any such action or omission for which the management of GDEX has exercised reasonable diligence.
- The customer is aware that every waybill/ consignment notes (whether in blank or used) supplied by GDEX shall remain the property of GDEX. The customer shall procure that every waybill/ consignment note shall be accounted for and shall only be utilized for packages to be delivered by GDEX and not otherwise. The customer shall not misuse or distribute the waybill/ consignment notes for the customer's/ third party(ies)' own purposes. The customer shall indemnify and keep GDEX its agents, workmen or servants harmless against any liability, loss or damage (including bodily injury) of whatsoever nature direct or indirect sustained by GDEX, its agents, workmen or servants attributed, related to and/or howsoever arising from the customers acts, omission, neglect, intentional or dishonest acts and/or any damage/ loss which is attributable, related to and/or howsoever arising from the customer/ third party(ies)' wrongful/ unauthorized use or distribution of the waybill/ consignment notes. This indemnity shall also include any liability, loss or damage as a result of any claim whatsoever and any summons, penalties, fines against GDEX by any third party or the relevant Authorities as a result of any act, omission, neglect or intentional acts by the customer, its agents, workmen or servants and/or third party(ies) arising from/ attributed to the wrongful/ unauthorized/ misuse of any waybill/ consignment note.
- Customer irrevocably agrees to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless GDEX as against any and all liabilities, claims, demands, suits, judgments, damages, losses, costs and legal fee (on a solicitor and client basis) in connection therewith or incident thereto, arising out of Customer's failure to comply with the conditions herein or resulting from Customer's negligence, acts, defaults, misconduct or omissions or the Customer's errors in the declaration of the Shipment or the provision of erroneous information relating to the Shipment or non-declaration of the dangerous nature of the Shipment and/or the failure of the customer to comply with all applicable import, export , customs and other laws and regulations which apply to the Shipment.
11. Items not acceptable for Carriage
- GDEX shall not carry the following items (or any item which contains any element thereof) (a) dangerous, hazardous, combustible, radioactive, explosive, corrosive, biohazard, inhalation hazard, perishables (save for those which are acceptable by GDEX), poisonous gases, prohibited drugs; (b) any form of gold, silver, jewellery, precious or semi-precious item (i.e. diamond, antique, artwork and etc), personal control documents (i.e. passport, identity card, birth certificate, credit card); (c) currency (note or coin) of any nationality or negotiable instrument equivalent to cash (i.e. endorsed stock, bond, cheque), livestock, plant and any item that is prohibited by local or (any) foreign law. Should the Customer tender for Shipment any items as aforesaid with GDEX, the Customer shall indemnify and keep GDEX harmless against any claim, loss, damage, including legal cost (on a solicitor-and-client basis) in connection therewith. GDEX shall be vested with the right to deal with such Shipment in any manner as it deems fit, including the right to abandon and destroy the Shipment. GDEX shall exclude its liability howsoever arising from such Shipment accepted by mistake on the part of GDEX.
- GDEX shall have a lien on the Shipment and any documents relating thereto for all sums whatsoever due at any time to GDEX under this contract. GDEX shall also have a lien against the Customer on the Shipment and any documents relating thereto for all sums due from the Customer to GDEX under any other contract. GDEX may exercise their lien at any time and at any place in their sole discretion, whether the contractual Carriage is completed or not. In any event any lien shall (a) survive the delivery of the Shipment and (b) extend to cover the cost of recovering any sums due and for that purpose GDEX shall have the right to sell the Shipment and documents by public auction or private treaty, without notice to the Customer and at the Customer's expense and without any liability towards the Customer.
13. Claim for and notice of Loss, Damage or Delay
- GDEX shall be deemed prima facie to have delivered the Shipment as described in this waybill unless notice of loss of, or damage to the Shipment, indicating the general nature of such loss or damage, shall have been given in writing to GDEX or to their representative at the place of delivery before or at the time of removal of the Shipment into the custody of the person entitled to delivery thereof under this waybill. If the recipient accepted the Shipment by endorsing on the Proof of Delivery without raising any damage, shortage or dispute, GDEX shall be deemed to have discharged its responsibility / liability towards the Customer and / or over the Shipment.
- Any claim by the customer for loss, damage or delay to the Shipment shall be made in writing withinthree (3) working days from the date when the Shipment should have reached the designated destination failing which GDEX shall have no liability whatsoever. The content, original shipping carton and packaging of the Shipment shall be made available to GDEX within fourteen (14) days from the date of written notification in order for GDEX to evaluate the claim for damage. No claim shall be entertained unless all outstanding amounts due to GDEX from the Customer have been fully settled. The amount of any claim shall not be setoff against any amount owing to GDEX.
- GDEX shall be discharged of all liability whatsoever in respect of the Shipment unless suit is brought in the proper forum and written notice thereof received by GDEX: (i) in respect of Carriage by air, within 2 years after delivery of the Shipment or the date when the Shipment should have been delivered or any other time limit compulsorily imposed by applicable convention, rules or regulations whichever is the later (ii) in respect of Carriage other than by air, within 30 days or any other time limit compulsorily imposed by applicable rules or regulations, whichever is later, after delivery of the Shipment or the date when the Shipment should have been delivered.
- In the event that such time period shall be found contrary to any convention or law compulsorily applicable, the period prescribed by such convention or law shall then apply but in that circumstance only.
14. Mandatory law
- If any condition herein is held to be illegal under present or future law, such provision shall be fully severable and nothing of such shall affect the validity of this entire Agreement. The Standard Conditions of Carriage shall be governed by Malaysian Laws and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian Courts unless the Shipment is presented to GDEX at a place outside the jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts in which case the laws of the country where the Shipment is presented to GDEX shall be the governing law and the courts of the country where the Shipment is presented to GDEX shall have jurisdiction
15. Privacy Notice
- Protecting your privacy is important to us. In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, please visit our website www.gdexpress.com to view the Privacy Notice.
J&T Express Malaysia Terms and Conditions for Services and Claims
When using J&T Express (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd (hereinafter refer to as “J&T Malaysia”) services i.e. shipment, you (hereinafter refer to as “Sender”), are agreeing, on your behalf and on behalf of the receiver of the shipment (hereinafter refer to as “Receiver”) and anyone else with an interest in the shipment that these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
Such agreement from Sender’s on behalf of Receiver includes agreement express, implied or ostensibly obtained verbally or otherwise and made on behalf of Receiver.
We reserve the right to, including but not limited to amend, change, modify the contents of Terms and Conditions at our discretion from time to time. Amendments or any changes will be effective immediately upon the Terms and Conditions has been uploaded on this Web Site. Your continued use of the web site and/or J&T Malaysia services will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
This terms and conditions shall be applicable for both domestic and international shipment, unless specifically stated otherwise.
- Packaging Guideline
1.1) The Sender shall be responsible for the proper packaging of goods, labelling and intact packaging, in line with the safety requirements and in accordance with the courier standards to go through the transportation process to ensure the safety of goods.
1.2) Sender is solely responsible to ensure that proper packaging is used and that contents are adequately and securely packed, wrapped and cushioned for transportation.
1.3) The Sender shall, at Sender’s best endeavors, to follow these Basic Packaging Guidelines & Principles as follows:-
The Sender has the responsibility to understand and comprehend the importance to ensure parcel is able to withstand all transit activities including but not limited to movements, impacts, pressure, easy handling etc. The following serves as a minimal guide should the packaging be done at Sender’s end:-
- Ensure appropriate material, quality, sizes of packaging used suitable for shipment carried, considering its nature, weight, sizes, shapes etc. Eg. Fragile items should be packed in boxes with solid in-fillers, documents should be packed in hard-cover paper enveloped etc.
- A good packaging should be able to withstand 2 meters of free fall, and 30KG of pressure.
- Ensure internal fillers are sufficient, proper layering, no space left, well organized, no shifting or movement of content in the packaging or impacts among contents in the packaging (if multiple contents, items should be wrapped individually in the parcel).
- Ensure sharp or pointy items are properly wrapped, no exposure of sharp or pointy edges to avoid hurting our staffs or damaging other parcels. Sender is fully responsible of any medical or damage if such parcel causes injuries or damages.
- Ensure high value items are tightly packed, sealed, unconcealable of internal content to outsiders and durable for transit.
- Ensure all fragile items are well packed, sealed
- Ensure parcels packed are clean, dry, odourless, oil-free, and contamination free. All parcels should be properly packed, no leakage, content exposure, tear, no re-use of used packaging materials etc.
- Packaging of air-freight shipments should comply to IATA (International Air Transport Association) and ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) guidelines.
1.4) The use of J&T Malaysia-provided packaging (including but not limited to materials, supplies and assistance) is not a guarantee that an item is sufficiently packaged for transportation or exemption of Sender’s responsibility. J&T Malaysia will not be liable (for any breach of Condition 1 above) for direct or indirect losses on any damages or losses that are caused by packaging problems.
1.5) The Sender shall be responsible for all posted items, including but not limited to liquids, creams, lotions, or cosmetic that may be risk at rupture, as well as perishable food and/or other forms of food.
- Declaration of Sender on the delivery / Content Statement.
2.1) Declaration of Sender are based on an utmost good faith basis.
2.2) Senders must reveal to J&T Malaysia all important information including but not limited to the actual value and description of package(s) and/or content(s).
2.3) Sender shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the particulars and for ensuring that all shipments set out adequate contact details for the Sender and Receiver of the shipment and that they are so packed, marked and/or labelled, their contents so described and classified and are accompanied by such documentation as may (in each case) be necessary to make them suitable for transportation.
2.4) J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for any claim or freight charges or any other costs for, including but not limited to, any false, misrepresentation, inconsistent, misleading, illegal, incomplete and/or complex statement.
2.5) Senders shall indemnify and hold J&T Malaysia harmless from any loss or damages arising out of Sender’s breach of Condition 2 above and free from any legal liability arising from Senders failures to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Important Documents Deliveries
3.1) Posting of original and/or official documents, including but not limited to the following important documents:
(a) MyKad; (b) Passport; (c) Birth certificate/marriage certificate; (d) Cheque book; (e) Quit rent & assessment; (f) Academic certificate; (g) Agreements and legal documents or other important documents will be delivered at risks borne solely by the senders.
3.2) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of important and/or original documents. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued)
3.3) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the lost and/or damage of any original and/or official documents.
- Fluctuating Priced and/or Non-Fixed priced Shipments
4.1) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for lost and/or damage for all Shipments containing item(s) that have fluctuating price tag and/or items with, including but not limited to, value of sentimental, artistic, antique or anything thing similar in nature such as heirlooms, paintings, drawing, antiques and jewellery.
4.2) For avoidance of doubt, items that are unable have a determined / conclusive price based on J&T Malaysia’s sole discretion are excluded and forms part of Condition 4.1 above.
4.3) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of items above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued).
- Dangerous and Prohibited Items
5.1) J&T Malaysia disclaims the postage of any dangerous or restricted items or any items prohibited by J&T Malaysia or the relevant authorities. Please refer to www.jtexpress.my for the list of dangerous and prohibited items (including but not limited to bodies or parts of bodies, bodies of animals or animals, drugs, weapons, ammunition, combustible items, high-value artworks, money, metals, high value jewelleries, religious related merchandise) before shipping.
5.2) J&T Malaysia also shall not accept any shipment if it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) or by any other regulation or laws which is imposed by the country of the Receiver. For international shipment, customer may refer to a list of prohibited items at:
a. Singapore: https://www.jtexpress.sg/terms-conditions
5.3) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to refuse deliveries if it finds or discovers any dangerous or prohibited items in the contents of the package(s) and/or part of it.
5.4) Once J&T Malaysia has discovered any odour items, perishable items, prohibited items and/or dangerous goods in the shipment(s), which makes it impossible to fulfil the conditions of transit, J&T Malaysia will evaluate the items’ condition and shall retain the right to dispose it accordingly without further reference to the Sender and the Receiver.
5.5) J&T Malaysia is not liable in any way whatsoever for any direct and/or consequential claims in damages, lost and/or delay of shipment if the item is deferred, detained, withheld, returned to sender, or was not processed because it contains or consists of dangerous goods or prohibited postings, regardless of whether the item was intentionally or unintentionally sent by the sender or received by J&T Malaysia.
5.6) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to amend or change the classes of goods or items which are categorised as Dangerous Goods or Prohibited Items at any time without prior notice.
5.7) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of items above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be deemed invalid (without interest accrued).
- Restricted or Controlled Delivery Items
6.1) Sender is responsible to ensure all the necessary or required approvals, licenses, permissions and clearances have been obtained from all relevant authorities and the posting of restricted or controlled items have been declared and accompanied with all original supporting documents evidencing the said approval, permission and clearance (Example: Declaration Form for dangerous goods and prohibited items).
6.2) The Sender is responsible to ensure that the posting is accompanied with complete supporting documents. Duty rest solely on the Sender where Sender shall provide required documentation for customs clearance. By providing required documentation, the Sender certifies that all statements and information relating to exportation and importation are true and correct. J&T Malaysia is not responsible for any direct or indirect costs occurred due to Sender’s negligence if due to incomplete documents.
6.3) Sender understands that J&T Malaysia is subjected to security screening and clearing procedures by the local airport police and relevant authorities in accordance with local law, and that civil and criminal penalties, including forfeiture and sale, may be imposed for making false or fraudulent statements or consigning explosives or explosive devices without lawful authority. If any penalty, fine or compound is imposed, Sender shall be fully responsible for all the costs incurred. Sender shall indemnify and hold J&T harmless from and against all liabilities, cost, charges or legal actions as a result of the Sender’s non-compliance with this Clause.
6.4) J&T Malaysia does not provide a protective service for the transportation of perishable commodities or commodities requiring protection from heat or cold. Such commodities susceptible to change of temperature will be accepted for transportation solely at the Sender risk for any damage arising from the transportation.
6.5) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any direct or indirect costs and/or damages or lost on the aforesaid items if the appearance/ surface of the package or label is not damaged.
6.6) J&T Malaysia is not responsible for any costs of posting, direct or indirect spoilage, metamorphism, go bad, perished, damages, partial lost, regardless of whether the item was sent by the Sender, accepted or received by J&T Malaysia, intentionally or unintentionally. J&T Malaysia shall only be liable for total lost of the parcel if such lost was caused by the Company upon proven. The compensation amount shall be based on the terms as stipulated in Clause 17- Limited Liability.
6.7) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of items or items similar in nature above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued).
- Sender's Responsibility / Counterfeit or Stolen or illegal Goods
7.1) The sender is also responsible for posting of any fraudulent, imitation, counterfeit, stolen, pilferage or illegal goods including but not limited to phones, watches, branded items, jewelleries or other items sent.
7.2) J&T Malaysia is not responsible or being part of this fraudulent/scam/illegal/criminal activities any costs of posting, direct or indirect damages or lost on the aforesaid items, regardless of whether the item was sent by the sender or received by J&T Malaysia, intentionally or unintentionally.
7.3) If upon proven, the goods which is delivered consists of the nature as what has been stipulated in Clause 7.1, J&T Malaysia shall cooperate with the government or other related agency to provide necessary information and co-operation in investigations and not be liable for any direct or indirect costs and/or damages or lost on the aforesaid items. Sender will be blacklisted or blocked from any claims/opening of merchant account/transactions with company etc.
7.4) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of such items or items similar in nature above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be deemed invalid (without interest accrued).
- Customs Clearance
8.1) J&T Malaysia may perform any of the following activities on Sender’s or Receiver’s behalf in order to provide its services:-
a. Complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any default duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations (“Customs Duties”)
b. Act as Sender’s forwarding agent for customs and export control purposes and as Receiver solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry.
8.2) J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for the delay in the performance of its obligations as transit time might be affected due to customs clearance procedure.
8.3) Customs penalties, storage charges, or other expenses incurred as a result of an action by customs or failure by the Sender or Receiver to provide proper documentation or to obtain a required license or permit will be charged to the sender or receiver along with any applicable duty or tax.
8.4) J&T Malaysia has the right to collect whatever costs incurred or paid from sender or receiver. The sender shall be liable in the event of non-payment by the receiver.
8.5) J&T Malaysia shall abandon the parcel if the Sender or Receiver fails to pay the duty and tax within three (3) calendar days from the date of notification, or did not provide the documents as required by the Custom or the relevant authorities within seven (7) calendar days.
8.6) J&T Malaysia may charge extra cost on the Sender or Receiver due to the fact that there will be tax threshold imposed in selected countries for the posting of any restricted or control item.
8.7) J&T Malaysia will not act as the representative for the Sender or the Receiver in any dealings with the custom or any relevant authorities that detained or seized the shipped items; Sender and/or Receiver is fully responsible to liaise the custom or any relevant authorities at the moment such detainment or suspension of the shipment take place.
8.8) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any refund of postage fees, claim for loss, damage and/or lost or any other compensation of direct or indirect loss in the event of breach of the above mentioned clauses and/or that the said items have been posted or received to be posted intentionally or unintentionally.
9.1) J&T Malaysia reserves the right but is not obliged, to open and inspect any shipment tendered to it for transportation without notice for safety, security, customs or other regulatory reasons. Such action is necessary in ensuring that the parcel does not contain any prohibited item which violates the national law of the country.
- Determination of Shipping Charges and Limitations
10.1 The dimensional weight, dimensional limit and the actual weight limit of the parcel is stated in the following: -
10.2) Any piece may be re-weighed and re-measured by J&T Malaysia to confirm this calculation and any action taken by J&T Malaysia shall be at its sole discretion.
10.3) Sender, or the Receiver when J&T Malaysia acts on Receiver’s behalf, shall pay or reimburse J&T Malaysia for all Shipment or other charges due, or Customs Duties owed for services provided by J&T Malaysia or incurred by J&T Malaysia on Sender’s or Receiver’s behalf.
10.4) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to request for payment of Customs Duties prior to delivery.
- Insurance related matter.
11.1) The Sender is compulsory to purchase insurance if the actual value of the parcel is more than RM1,000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia One Thousand). If the sender did not insure his parcel, in the event when the entire parcel or any part of the parcel thereof has been lost or damaged during the transportation, the compensation shall be based on Clause 17- limited liability.
11.2 In addition to Condition 11.3 and to all the other condition listed in Terms and Conditions (whichever applicable), the following shall form part of the agreement and/or serves as a notice to the Sender:-
- The sender may purchase insurance from J&T Malaysia to insure his own goods at a rate of 1% of the parcel actual cost or value. The maximum coverage limit of the insurance shall be capped at RM10,000.00
- Sender is responsible to ensure insurance is purchased for posting out any item with correct value as per purchase invoice.
- There is no obligation from J&T Malaysia to recommend a shipment to be insured and Sender, at Sender’s own risk, shall procure any additional insurance coverage at own cost.
- The Sender who purchases the insurance by J&T Malaysia must completely and accurately declares the contents and value of the insured item. J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for any claim or freight charges or any other costs for, including but not limited to, any false, misrepresentation, inconsistent, misleading, illegal, incomplete and/or complex statement.
- No further insurance can be purchase or accepted upon full payment of shipment fee or once delivery commenced. J&T Malaysia will refund only the fee charge for insurance (insurance fee) in the event a particular parcel is not insurable and/or fall outside the scope of insurance coverage as provided by insurer or in the event such insurance fee been received intentionally or unintentionally by J&T Malaysia.
- Insurance coverage of such procured does not serve as a guarantee that the shipment is free from damage or guarantee of compensation; such insurance coverage shall only effect / vary the total amount of compensation.
11.3) If Sender has an extremely time-sensitive shipment, the loss or delay of which may result in consequential damages; or require higher insured amount, the sender shall contact his own insurance agent or broker to insure against such risks, as J&T Malaysia does not assume such liabilities. J&T Malaysia does not provide and will not arrange such insurance for the same.
11.4) J&T Malaysia will not be responsible for the insurance claim if the contents and value of the item conflict with the declared value. Any damage or loss to the content or part of the item so insured by the insurance shall be limited to any value determined by J&T Malaysia and/or by the J&T Malaysia’s insurer.
12.1) Provided that the Receiver’s address is complete and accurate, J&T Malaysia will ensure the item is delivered in accordance with the delivery time efficiency standard.
12.2) J&T Malaysia is only responsible for delivery to the recipient's address written on the waybill.
12.3) Once the Receiver has no further objection upon receiving of item, the item is considered successfully delivered and J&T Malaysia is considered released from the obligation and shall not be responsible for any loss and/or damages afterwards.
12.4) In the event if the Receiver is not in the premise to receive the delivered item upon courier arrives, the item will be kept at J&T Malaysia branch for a certain period determined by J&T Malaysia. More details can be referred to our website www.jtexpress.my. The period to keep the unclaimed item is deemed as storage period. J&T Malaysia will make two (2) attempts to deliver the said item to recipient or recipient may collect the item from J&T Malaysia branch within storage period. The item will be returned to the Sender after storage period. Any costs of direct or indirect damages or lost to the item or its contents arising during storage period is not the responsibility of J&T Malaysia.
- Refusal and Suspension of Service
13.1) In the event J&T Malaysia is made aware that any shipment does not meet any of the listed restrictions or conditions, J&T Malaysia reserve the right to refuse shipment and if the said shipment is in progress, J&T Malaysia may suspend and hold the shipment.
13.2) J&T Malaysia also reserves the right to refuse to provide service, among other reasons, for any shipment which by reason of the character of its contents may, in the sole discretion of J&T Malaysia, soil, taint, or otherwise damage to the other shipments or to J&T Malaysia own equipment or assets, or which is improperly or insecurely packed or wrapped.
13.3) J&T Malaysia reserves the right either to refuse to provide service for any shipment to or from any location, or to provide alternative service arrangements, when, among other reasons, J&T Malaysia, in its sole discretion, deems that it is unsafe or economically or operationally impracticable to provide service.
13.4) J&T Malaysia also reserves the right to suspend transportation of any shipment if:-
- shipment and/or its content or part of the content are found not to be acceptable for transportation for any reason whatsoever
- if J&T Malaysia cannot effect delivery at the third attempt to do so
- if the receiver refuses to accept delivery
- if it cannot collect amounts due from the receiver on delivery
13.5) The sender shall bear the payment of all charges, calculated in accordance with the then current J&T Malaysia rates, caused by such suspension of transportation, including, but not limited to, forwarding, disposal, or return of transportation charges as well as any duty or tax, if applicable.
13.6) Sender shall be responsible for the reasonable costs and expenses of J&T Malaysia (including storage), for such losses, taxes and customs duties as J&T Malaysia may suffer and for all claims made against J&T Malaysia because a shipment does not meet any of the restrictions or conditions listed herein or because of any refusal or suspension of carriage or return of a shipment by J&T Malaysia pursuant to these terms.
13.7) J&T Malaysia will not be liable or responsible for the loss of or damage to any shipment, the contents of which J&T Malaysia is not authorised to accept, which J&T Malaysia states it will not accept, or which J&T Malaysia has a right to refuse.
13.8) Pursuant to Condition 13.7, in the event J&T Malaysia suspends service as set forth in these terms, the payer of any transportation charges shall not be entitled to a refund.
- Interruption of Service due to external factors
14.1) If J&T Malaysia is unable to start or continue with delivery of the Sender’s shipment for a reason beyond its control, the Sender will not be able to claim that J&T Malaysia is in breach of its agreement with the sender but J&T Malaysia will take reasonable steps that are reasonably practicable in the circumstances to commence or continue the delivery.
14.2) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any interruption of service due to causes beyond J&T Malaysia control including, but not limited to:
- the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery of the shipment,
- disease, outbreak, global health emergency, or pandemic,
- acts of God,
- natural disasters,
- war risks,
- acts of terrorism,
- acts of public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority,
- acts or omissions of customs or similar authorities, authority of law,
- insufficient information provided by a customer,
- the application of security regulations imposed by the government or otherwise applicable to the shipment,
- a government agency hold, strikes or other labor disputes,
- civil unrest,
- disruptions of any kind in national or local air or ground transportation networks (including, but not limited to, J&T Malaysia transportation network),
- disruption or failure of communication and information systems,
- adverse weather conditions
- A fire or robbery occurred at the J&T Malaysia office premises, although the company has taken appropriate safety control measures.
- Online scam and/or any other scamming or deceiving activities conducted where J&T Malaysia is used to provide delivery service.
14.3) In the event any of the factors occur, J&T Malaysia will be exempted from any delay claims, direct or indirect costs due to delays, or postponement of delivery.
- Liability Exemptions
J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any of the following events, but not limited to: any form of indirect loss, consequential damages, other indirect costs, loss of contract opportunities, opportunity costs, loss of profits or income or cost incurred by delays, regardless of whether J&T Malaysia has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
16.1) Claim on damage/lost to the parcel or its content can only be claimed by the Sender or the representative of the Sender who has been authorised in writing by the Sender. The claim request together with required physical and effective proof and any other necessary documents for damages or lost must be completely filled up and submitted within 48 hours upon receiving of the items. The required documents include but not limited to (a) claim request form (b) Copy of bank account statement (c) Copy of the consignment bill (d) Original tax invoice from Supplier to verify actual price of the content (e) Tax invoice of consignment bill (if have) (f) Copy Identity card of applicant which has been certified true copy or a copy of business registration certificate (SSM) if the claimant is a business entity (g) Insurance claim form and documents required by insurance company (for insured items) (h) declaration form (only applicable for international shipment) (i) Any other required supporting documents, and submitted to the nearest J&T Malaysia branch.
16.2) Notwithstanding the claims’ documents listed in Condition 16.1, the list is non-exhaustive and J&T Malaysia reserve the right to obtain further documents to facilitate the investigation of the claim request.
16.3) Non-cooperation by the Sender such as incomplete submission of documents, breach of the 48hours deadline, non-respond from Sender shall be deemed prejudicial J&T Malaysia and J&T Malaysia reserve the rights to reject the claim request.
16.4) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to refuse any claim if the complainant is unable to verify or unable to provide sufficient evidence that the damage/lost occurred under J&T Malaysia 's control.
16.5) The compensation/claim is only limited to Condition 17.
16.6) Insured items will only be able to claim insurance with completely comply to terms and conditions of insurance company as well as those listed herein.
16.7) Claims are limited to one claim per shipment, settlement of which will be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith.
- Limited Liability
17.1) For domestic and non-insured shipments, J&T Malaysia shall only be liable for the direct losses for damaged or lost items, but is limited to the following :
- The actual amount of loss or damage based on the actual value/costs of the contents as stated on purchase invoice of damaged or lost items or a maximum of RM100.00 for domestic shipments, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing 2.0 kg and below;
- The actual amount of loss or damages is based on the actual value/costs of the content as stated on purchase invoice of damaged or lost items or a maximum of RM300.00 for domestic shipments, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing 2.01 kg or above;
17.2) For international shipment, the actual amount of loss or damages is based on the actual value/costs of the content as stated on purchase invoice of damaged or lost items or a maximum of RM400.00 for each international shipment, whichever is lower.
17.3) For domestic shipment, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM100 for domestic shipments, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing 2.0 kg and below; whilst for each consignment note with contents weighing 2.01 kg and above, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM300.00 for domestic shipments, whichever is lower.
17.4) For international shipment, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM400.00 for each international shipment, whichever is lower.
17.5) The Sender has to insure their item with insurance if the total value of item exceeded the limit of compensation covered by J&T Malaysia. The Sender shall proceed their claim through insurance if they have insured their items and the above clause 17.1(A) and (B) shall not be applicable for insured items.
17.6) If the parcel is partially lost, or partially damage, then it will be compensated based on the level of damage or lost. If the partially lost or damaged parcel can be properly functioned upon repair, then it will be compensated based on the repair value, or the actual value of the parcel, whichever is lower.
17.7) Sender undertakes that Sender will not seek to recover and shall not be entitled to recover from J&T Malaysia or to be indemnified by J&T Malaysia in respect of any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or against any claims, proceedings, costs, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever sustained, incurred or paid by you in respect of any use of J&T Malaysia service.
- Governing law
This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of the country of origin of the Shipment and Sender shall irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, unless contrary to applicable law.
If one of the above terms and condition is void, it does not preclude the other terms which contained in this terms and condition to be void. All the rules are subjected to the subject matter of the above terms and condition. J&T Malaysia reserves the rights to use the regulation and general terms and conditions which have been approved by J&T Malaysia even though it is not specified in this terms and condition. Please visit www.jtexpress.my for additional details of the terms and conditions.
The following notes forms part of this Terms and Conditions:-
- The delivery status can be tracked and traced via www.jtexpress.my and/or by contacting the hotline number: 1300 80 9000. Any inquiries regarding the delivered items must be made within thirty (30) days from the date of delivery.
- Unless qualified above mentioned terms and conditions, J&T Malaysia is not obligating to any lawsuit and any other legal proceedings.
- The customer is deemed to acknowledge and agreed to accept above mentioned terms and conditions upon he/she is using delivery services provided by J&T Malaysia.
- Any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is hereby excluded. We expressly disclaim and exclude all warranties including but not limited to the implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any use of this web site and its content is at your sole risk. We shall in no event be liable to you or any person claiming through you for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or other damages for any errors in or the use or of inability to use this web site including without limitation, damages for lost profits, business, data or damage to any computer systems.
- You shall also abide by the terms and conditions in the Consignment notes issued by J&T Malaysia or its authorized carriers in respect of the express delivery and courier services and also by any other agreement between you and J&T Malaysia or its authorized carriers
This disclaimer, set out in these terms and conditions, does not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.